Saturday, May 10, 2014

Mother's Day Gifts: A Toast of Four Truths



I've always found that it is more blessed to give than to receive. And there is no greater joy than when I see my children walk in truth (3 John 1:4)

So I lift up this mother's day, a toast of truth to my children. With a cup of unconditional love.


Four Truths


I want them to know by heart.



***

First. To my Bright Girl. I raise a toast of Courage.




The courage to come to us with whatever, no matter what. Without shame, but love. We'll be her support with the strength God provides. More than that...





{May she always know God is our refuge and strength.}



He is always there for her (Psalm 46:1, Romans 8:31) through every battle, every storm, and she can come to Him with everything. Every. Single. Thing.



***

A second toast is to my Little Man. The toast of Peace.


There's a lot in this world that threatens to steal our peace. Especially for a little guy struggling with the sensory issues that come with autism. The world is a big and scary place sometimes, but his Daddy and Mommy are here for him always. To give a reassuring hug. A kiss on the cheeks and hands.






May he know that His Father in heaven loves Him more than that and


{God's love is stronger than anything this world's got.}




May he rest in the love of our Lord and be at peace.



***

A third toast is to our tender-hearted Sunshine Girl. Who never wants to hurt any living thing. I raise to her a toast of grace. 






In this world it's so hard to be good and kind. Loving and forgiving. People can be hurtful and sometimes friends can turn into frienemies.




{Thanks be to God, He loves us no matter what.}








"We love Him because He first loved us" (1 John 4:19). And His love is always there. Christ is our Savior forevermore. He is the truest most faithful friend, and we can always go to Him. Always. He can help us to heal, and extend to others the grace He's given to us.



***

The fourth toast. To my Little Bit. Who is learning more and more that God loves her and sent His Son to be the Savior of the world (1 John 4:14).


I raise a toast of Hope.


Jesus is the Light and there is no darkness in Him (1 John 1:5).




Whenever she is afraid, when it seems like all hope is lost, may she know God is gonna work it out for good.


{He always knows what He's doing. He has a plan and His plan is good.}


Courage, Peace, Grace, and Hope.

These are the things I ask for my children. And, my Father in heaven is there for them. He always has been and always will be. I need not worry. I trust in Him with these truths for myself and for my children, pointing them to the way, the truth, the life. In our Savior Jesus Christ.



No comments:

Post a Comment