Monday, September 2, 2013

In Christ...




To wrap up the #femaleaugustchallenge prompted by my Google+ friends, +MelanieBaker and +RaeBrooks, beginning with the first post in August,  

Here are all of the True Identity Reminders for who we are in Christ, one for each day of the month:




In Christ...


1.    I have a Father in heaven who loves me so much, He gave His Son to save me and make me His child (John 3:16. Romans 5:8).


2.       I was thought of, loved, and chosen before the world was even made (Ephesians 1:4, Colossians 3:12, 1 Thessalonians 1:4).

3.   I am truly a child of God and will ultimately resemble Him when He returns (John 1:12, 1 John 3:1-2, Philippians 3:20).

4.   I am His beautiful bride (Psalm 45:10, 11, Song of Solomon 4:7, 8, Revelation 19:7).  


5.   I am free from my sin nature, no longer under its control(Romans 6: 2-7).       

6.   I am now a saint, pure and blameless, having the righteousness of God (Ephesians 1:1, Hebrews 10:14, 2 Corinthians 5:21).


7.       I am a new creation with a godly heart that longs to please Him (2 Corinthians 5:17, Ephesians 4:24, Romans 6:18)


8.       I am a temple of God, and my heart is a dwelling place of the Holy Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19).


9.       I am now a masterpiece of God, showing His handiwork in my life (Ephesians 2:10).


10.       I am intimately connected with Jesus, the Vine, and His Life will overflow in me (John 5:18).


11.       I am born of God and belong to Him and the evil one has no authority over me (1 John 5:18).


12.   I am the salt of the earth, sharing the goodness of the Lord with the world (Colossians 4:6).


13. I am a light in a dark world and my life draws people to God (Matthew 5:13-16). 

14. I am a true citizen of heaven and this world is not my home (Philippians 3:20, Hebrew 11:16).


15.   I am a priest of God, proclaiming the gospel to the lost (1 Peter 2: 9, 10).


16.   I have complete confidence to be in the holy presence of God by the blood of Jesus (Hebrews 10:19-22).


17.   I've been given a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind and I need not fear (2 Timothy 1:7).


18.   I have been saved from the judgement and wrath of God which will come against sin (1 Thessalonians 1:10, Romans 5:9).


19.   I have been delivered from the domain of darkness, and transferred into the Kingdom of God's beloved Son (Colossians 1:13).


20.   I have all the rights and privileges a son and can cry out "Abba! Father!" in my time of need (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6).


21.   I am led by the Spirit and am free from following the futile principles of this world (Colossians 2:20).


22.   I can rest because all my needs are supplied by my God according to His eternal, unlimited riches as Lord over all (Philippians 4:19).


23.   I have strength in my weaknesses, because I can do all things through Him who gives me strength (2 Cor. 12:9, Philippians 4:13).


24.   I have peace of mind and heart are guarded by Sovereignty of God (Philippians 4:7).


25.   I can press on toward the goal of the eternal prize spurred on by the upward call of God (Phil. 3:14).


26.   I can fight unseen spiritual battles in the strength of His might (Ephesians 6:10-12).


27.   I have been redeemed and forgiven of my sins through His blood and by His grace which He has lavished on me (Eph. 1:7,8, Col. 1: 13, 14).


28.   I am an ambassador for Christ, entreating the world to turn back to God and be reconciled to Him (2 Cor. 5:20).


29.   I have been bought by the blood of Christ, so now I want to honor God by living a pure and holy life (1 Cor. 3:16, 6:19, 20).


30.   I have a new mind, and can seek to have His thoughts (Rom. 12:2, Eph. 4:23, 1 Cor. 2:16).


31.   I am filled with the love of God and can share His love with the world (John 17:26).



Edited by Chanda Griese www.gracegrowswings.blogspot.com

Sources are from handouts from Cypress Church (author unknown) and University Presbyterian Church (UPC) by Mary Lance V. Sisk,
Charlotteville, NC

No comments:

Post a Comment