Sunday, August 3, 2014

Baby Steps: Learning to Walk With Our Savior



A friend in her sixties revealed to me something profound. One time, she was about to go inside a store and caught a glimpse of an older woman in the glass door. Then she realized, "I'm that old woman!"

On the inside, in her inner person, she didn't feel old. She saw herself in her thirties.

Sometimes I wonder how old I am on the inside. In some ways, I feel much older than my years, with all the pain and suffering of life. 

But, there are times when I feel like a little child, not really knowing where I'm going or what I'm doing. Coasting along life. Feeling a little lost. Letting others make decisions for me. Making the same mistakes over and over again. Feeling overwhelmed by the bigness of the world.

I don't want to feel old and exhausted by the blows of life nor stuck making the same foolish mistakes and never growing up.





How does a person grow up and be who they were meant to be?





Trying to do things in my own strength is bound to exhaust. Venturing beyond the boundaries of my present naivety is impossible when I'm overwhelmed. What I need is

{GRACE}

Grace. Grace. And more grace. All the time. In every circumstance. When my eyes are opened to my own unworthiness, my sinfulness, my trusting in anyone or anything other than Christ and His power to save. I am undone.

I have nothing to give to God. It's all Him. All is grace.

And He gives it over and over again.

Each and every time, I receive His grace, I am placing my hand in His and receiving His mercy, His strength. 

I am right where I need to be. Walking with Him. It doesn't matter how old or how young I am, He is with me. Leading me. Guiding me into all truth. Creating in me a pure heart. Making me like Himself.





Walking with God is not a moon walk with giant leaps. It's putting one foot in front of the other, leaning on His dependability. He is with us to the very end of the age, every step of the way. In thoughts, words, and deeds.



"The Lord does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but theLord looks at the heart.”
1 Samuel 16:7 NIV




No comments:

Post a Comment