Tuesday, August 13, 2013

{Proof of Love}: August Challenge Week 3


Me at age 3

I've always wondered what it would have been like to have a dad growing up.  I see the way The Captain interacts with the children, and I witness the love he has for them.  It leaves a little ache in my heart for what could have been. 

It would have been wonderful to be able to call my father, Daddy, and have him pick me up and put me on his shoulders so I could see the world from a new perspective,

Bright Girl with her daddy at Disney World

  To read me stories at bedtime and give me a piggy-backs ride to bed, 

Little Bit and Sunshine Girl reading stories with their daddy

To crawl up into his lap and tell him my troubles,


Bright Girl with her daddy


To be able to venture out into the big wide world and know that I am safe in my father's arms, or

Little Man with his daddy on our way to Arizona


To restrain me and discipline me for my own good as he knows best.


Little Man in his car seat with his daddy at the Grand Canyon



I did get to know my dad later on in my teenage years (you can read about it here), but by then, I missed all those formative years where I could call him daddy.

Because of Christ's sacrifice for my sins, I am now a child of God.  That means that I can relate to God, my Father in heaven. 

A girl needs a father, a woman still does, too.  And, I've learned through watching The Captain, how I can relate to my heavenly Father. 

I have found that God, my Father in heaven, can satisfy all my needs as His child:
  • That I can turn to Him and He will lift me above my circumstances to see His point of view. (Psalm 121:1)
  • That I can seek His face and bask in His presence, He will tell me all over again His story and plan of redemption for the world in His Word. (2 Corinthians 5:21)
  • That I can tell Him all my troubles and He will remind me that He is in control of all things. (Matthew 16:33)
  • That I can be brave even in the darkest hour for I know He is with me. (Psalm 23:4)
  • That I can rest assured that He will not let me make a total mess of my life and He will gently lead me to live a life of faith. (Hebrews 12:11

If you'd like to know more about how to know God as your Father click here.

And, since God is my Father in heaven, and I am His child, I can take hold of these Truths and know who I really am in Him.

For the month of August, I've been sharing seven Truths, one for each day of the week that you can print out and say out loud in front of the mirror to remind yourself who you really are.


Here are the next seven Truths prompted by my Google+ friends and sisters in Christ +RaeBrooks and +MelanieBaker in the #femaleaugustchallenge:

In Christ...

I have been saved from the judgement and wrath of God which will come against sin. (1 Thessalonians 1:10, Romans 5:9)

I have been delivered from the domain of darkness, and transferred into the Kingdom of the God's beloved Son. (Colossians 1:13)

I am a child of God with all the rights and privileges of a son and can cry out "Abba! Father!" (Romans 8:15, Galatians 4:6)

I am free from following the futile principles of this world and can now follow Jesus. (Colossians 2:20)

All my needs are supplied by my God according to His eternal, unlimited riches as Lord over all. (Philippians 4:19)

I can do all things through Him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13)

My mind and heart are guarded by the peace of God which is beyond our understanding. (Philippians 4:7)

Living in The Father's Love,

Chanda

No comments:

Post a Comment