Sunday, May 12, 2013

Above and Beyond: The Fruit of the Spirit is Peace


If tired enough, Little Bit can just about sleep anywhere.

Lunch time runs awful close to naptime and sometimes you can see her nodding off into dreamland.





How can I have that kind of peace, without a care in the world?

Well, she is a baby and not really responsible for anything, but letting me know she's hungry or thirsty or wants to be picked up.

A mother, on the other hand, has nothing but responsibility.  We are drowning in it sometimes!

Especially when we are desperate to help our little ones to stay on the straight, narrow and ancient path, sticking to the old roads, so they'll find their way to the heart of God.

We want our little ones to come to know Jesus at a young age and follow Him all their days.

We what them to be protected from sickness, disease, and death.  We do everything we can to make our kids safe, but we know in the back of our minds that some unforeseeable event can take our child's life.

And, we also have to make sure they reach their fullest potential in school, in career, and in life.  And, that's our responsibility, too, isn't it?

Isn't it?

Okay, I'm drowning.

In responsiblility.

This does not set my heart at ease. 

Sometimes, I wish I could be a little child and be at peace and rest in the warm embrace of the love of God.

How do I get there?

Before I drown in worry?

The simple Sunday School answer would be to

pray and 

trust God.

That may be true,

But, it's not that simple.

I have to flesh it out.

My faith.

Do I really believe God or not?

Is He really loving?

Is He really good?

Prayers that ask these questions are not your quiet whispers, they are tearful desperate shouts for

{grace} and {peace}

of mind and heart.

Because, mommies, we sure do need it.

And when we settle down and breathe a deep sigh of relief, knowing He is in control and He is loving and good. We can finally rest.


"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

No comments:

Post a Comment