Saturday, December 1, 2012

Advent Prayers


This year I wanted to do something different for Advent.

I was going to skip the traditional calendar with opening flaps to find the surprise inside and do something different and hopefully more meaningful. 


I usually have a hard time coming up with family oriented activities on my own, but thankfully this one came to mind. 


Later, a friend posted the same sort of thing on her status so I knew it was meant to be.


It burdens me that there are countries that are restricted and even hostile to those who are Christians and don't really know who Jesus is and why we celebrate his birth.


For each day before Christmas, we as a family will pray for one country and write the name of the country on strips of green and blue paper--the colors of our lovely planet earth.





Stapling the strips together, we will create a paper chain to wrap around our Christmas tree and remind us to pray for the people of those countries. 






"Colombia really needs prayer," one friend wrote on my facebook page. She knew friends who were missionaries in Colombia that were killed for sharing the gospel.


If you would like to join our family in prayer for the nations this advent you can follow my blog and make your own advent prayer chain from the following pages:



Advent Prayers for Restricted Nations


“Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.” (Hebrews 13:3) “Carry Each Other’s Burdens” (Galatians 6:2)



No comments:

Post a Comment