Thursday, September 6, 2012

So I Will Comfort You: Review of A Mother's Heart by Jean Fleming


One little book has been a go-to for me as a parent. Teaching me to love and comfort my children. To pray for them. To point them to the gospel. 

It was an excellent garage sale find. The picture on the cover was very old fashioned. The woman's hairstyle was enough to make me pass. But, something or Someone drew me to it. Ten cents later, I became the owner of A Mother's Heart by Jean Fleming.

I can't tell you how much I have referred to and applied this little paperback to mothering my children. 

It was truly a God-send.

Jean speaks from experience as a missionary wife and mother to four children. Her graceful approach to mothering while completely depending on Christ has inspired me in so many ways.

In the newest edition the cover has been updated and Jean has added even more insight into mothering.

My favorite part of her book is how to effectively, specifically pray for your children. I still take time each year to focus on prayerfully creating a spiritual inventory of my children. I have seen the Lord answering those prayers and growing them in ways that has brought praise to my lips.

Most of all, the book has helped me to focus on Christ and let the values, vision, and character development of my children be an overflow of a heart trusting in Him.

Mothering is a daily divine appointment. We can't do this alone.

In A Mother's Heart, Jean Fleming will inspire you to lean on Christ and make you into the loving mother your children truly need.  You can find this book on the NavPress website and check out the new cover at http://www.navpress.com/author/A10272/Jean-Fleming


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." (Philippians 4:13)

2 comments:

  1. Hmm I might check that out. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome! Hope it helps you in your mothering, too!

    ReplyDelete